Perusa sells German Kammann Maschinenbau GmbH

Munich – Private Equity investor Perusa Partners Fund 1 has sold its 85% holding in Kammann Maschinenbau GmbH, a mid-sized manufacturer of printing equipment based in Bad Oeynhausen. Koenig & Bauer AG, the Würzburg based international printing machine manufacturer, will acquire 85% of Kammann. The remaining 15% will be owned by Kammann`s management. The parties have agreed not to comment on the purchase price nor on any transaction details.

The previous majority owner Perusa Partners had restructured Kammann successfully since 2010, after it had acquired the assets of the business out of receivership.

Kammann Maschinenbau was founded in 1955 and today is the world market leader in high performance equipment for printing on glass and on plastic hollowware. Kammann machines are used worldwide for decorating high-end consumer products mostly in the beverage, cosmetics and food industries. 2012 turnover of Kammann was in excess of 30 Mio. €. The company employs 175 people.

Matthias Graf, member of the management team and shareholder, says: “Increasing wealth fosters demand in premium packaging especially in emerging markets. Market forecasts indicate good growth potential for this segment”. His colleague Dr. Christian Maas adds: “Technologically, direct screen printing on glass containers is the most demanding type of decoration. The high technological barriers make it difficult for new entrants to penetrate this market, which is dominated by very few competitors.”

Dr Christian Hollenberg, founding partner of Perusa, says: “Kammann is a technological marvel that fits perfectly into Koenig & Bauer`s product range. We are delighted that our successful restructuring of Kammann has made this alliance possible.”

About Perusa

Perusa is an independent capital holding company, which currently has two funds with 350 million euro equity investing in medium-sized companies and Group divisions in the German or Scandinavian area. Perusa is pursuing a strong operational approach to increase the efficiency and thus the long-term value as well as the potential of the portfolio companies. Strategic acquisitions (buy and build strategy) are also striving to strengthen the growth of the portfolio companies.

Press contact

Perusa GmbH
Dr. Hanno Schmidt-Gothan
Theatinerstraße 40
D-80333 München
Telefon: +49 89 2388789-0

VOCATO public relations
Jessica Auweiler
Braugasse 12
D-50859 Köln
Telefon: +49 2234 60198 17

Download as file (246.42 kB, doc)

Back to list